XSLTInputHandler setParameter

  • g_li
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2005
      Has anybody had problem with XSLTInputHandler's setParameter method? I
      seem to have problems setting the parameter in my stylesheet. The
      parameter doesn't seem to be set (or changed if I set a default value
      for the parameter). Anybody had any experience with it?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2005
        g_li wrote:

        > Has anybody had problem with XSLTInputHandler's setParameter method? I
        > seem to have problems setting the parameter in my stylesheet. The
        > parameter doesn't seem to be set (or changed if I set a default value
        > for the parameter). Anybody had any experience with it?

        Your question is missing key information. However, I know from experience that
        you are trying to use FOP from inside a Java application.

        I havent used the setParameter method on the XSLTInputHandler myself, but
        since this question is very specific to FOP you may get a better response on
        the fop-user mailing list. Subscribe here:

        http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html#fop-user

        Chris
      • Munerot Pascal
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2005
          Hi,

          Did you declare the parameter at the top of your stylesheet (after the
          xsl:output declaration) ? like in the following sample:

          <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="iso-8859-1" indent="yes"/>

          <xsl:param name="reporting.tempdir"/>
          <xsl:param name="reporting.rendering"/>

          Having a look at the Fop source code (0.20.5RC) shows that XSLTInputHandler
          uses a class TraxInputHandler which in turns uses the setParameter on a JAXP
          Transformer object.
          This is basically what I am doing in my own code (not using XSLTHandler
          though but directly using a Transformer object since I am not using the
          Fop's embedded parser and xslt processor).

          Hope this helps

          Pascal

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
            Yes, the parameter was declared at the very top of the stylesheet.

            I checked the source code as well and found that XSLTInputHandler is
            actually calling TraxInputHandler, which eventually called
            setParameter on a Transformer. I used to do the setParameter directly
            on Transformer and it worked, I don't understand why this wouldn't. I
            just modified a Servlet example to fit my needs in this case so that I
            thought it should work, but apparently something was missing here...

            Thanks for the reply!