Re: [XSL-FO] Two-Pass FO Processing and Evaluating the Applicabilityof FO to Layout Requirements

  • Werner Donné
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2005
      Eliot,

      It is true that for an incremental interactive XSL-FO processor, for example,
      it wouldn't be very useful. However, the "external-destination" of
      "fo:auxilary-resource" represents a URI rather than a file. As a consequence
      it must be resolved using regular XML entity resolving techniques. A more
      incremental processor, for example, could systematically resolve them to
      nothing, while a batch type of processor could take into account its environment.

      The specification could also say that it is perfectly legal to ignore the
      auxilary elements.

      The idea of introducing EXSLFO is, however, interesting. If there is enough
      momentum, some new peripheral features could still be implemented in a
      standard way. I have therefore joined your list.

      Regards,

      Werner.

      --
      Werner Donné -- Re BVBA