Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Page numbers int multidocument files

  • Dave Pawson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 11, 2005
      On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 07:23 +0000, jromark wrote:

      > Problem:
      > My pdf document (65 pages) contain 20 bills. Most bills goes over
      > several pages.

      Assuming your input is XML,
      use XSLT features | extension to produce 20 xsl-fo documents,
      each then is a standard way of producing a single output, which
      can then number your pages as you want.

      input => 20 x xsl-fo docs using xslt
      xsl-fo => pdf using xsl-fo formatter.

      HTH DaveP

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 11, 2005
        At 2005-01-11 07:23 +0000, jromark wrote:
        >Problem:
        >My pdf document (65 pages) contain 20 bills. Most bills goes over
        >several pages. Each bill should be pagenumbered "page x of y pages"
        >where y is the number of pages in that specific bill (not the number
        >of pages in the pdf document).
        >
        >Example:
        >invoice.pdf{
        > Bill_1 "page x of 3"
        > Bill_2 "page x of 2"
        > Bill_3 "page x of 7"
        >}

        Put each of your bills into a separate page sequence so that you can start
        the page number at 1 for each bill. Flow at the end of each page sequence
        an empty block with a unique id= value.

        Then, in your static content you can do a <page-number-citation> to that
        page sequence's unique value in order to get the bill's total number of pages.

        I hope this helps.

        .............................. Ken

      • tokukobayashi2002
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 12, 2005
          I am sorry that I made a mistake.

          The following comment is not correct.
          Mr. Ken Holman's comment:
          6128 Re: Page numbers int multidocument files

          is correct.

          Tokushige Kobayashi
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "tokukobayashi2002" <koba@a...> wrote:

          > Your request needs special extension to XSL-FO
          > specification.
          >
          > XSL Formatter can do it by original extension.
          >
          > http://www.antennahouse.com/xslfo/axf3-extension.htm#axf.origin-id

          E-mail koba@a...
          WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/XML/ (Japanese)
          WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)