Re: FOP and Heberew

  • luzerez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
      Thank you for the answer. I am looking for a license free solution.
      As I read FOP support Heberw. Do you know for sure it doesn't ?
      Luz Erez
      Email: Luz@...
      Web: www.ErezSoft.com
      Phone +972-545661331

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
        luzerez wrote:

        > Thank you for the answer. I am looking for a license free solution.
        > As I read FOP support Heberw. Do you know for sure it doesn't ?

        FOP doesnt support different writing modes, bidi, or reference orientation.
        However you can still get Hebrew glyphs to appear by using an appropriate
        custom font. The most likely reason you see ## in the output is because you
        havent registered a custom font. See [1] for information on how to set up
        custom fonts in FOP.

        Chris

        [1] http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#custom
      • Altsoft Xml2PDF
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
          Altsoft Xml2PDF also supports Hebrew. See fo:bidi-override for
          additional details.

          Best Regards,
          Altsoft Team
          http://alt-soft.com/