Re: FOP and Heberew

  • tokukobayashi2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
      If you really wish to render Hebrew to PDF by XSL-FO.

      As far as I know, the only solution is XSL Formatter.

      Please try it.

      Best regards,

      Tokushige Kobayashi

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, LuzErez <Erezluz@N...> wrote:

      > > Can any one explaine how does FOP support hebrew ?
      > > When I try to use fo document with heberew I get ##. Any idea on
      what
      > > should be changed ? ( What font 2 use ? )
      > >
      > > Best Regards
      > >
      > > Luz Erez
      > > Email: Luz@E...
      > > Web: www.ErezSoft.com
      > > Phone +972-545661331

      -- Antenna House, Inc.
      E-mail koba@...
      WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/XML/ (Japanese)
      WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
      TEL +81-3-3234-1361 (direct call)
      FAX +81-3-3221-9975
    • luzerez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
        Thank you for the answer. I am looking for a license free solution.
        As I read FOP support Heberw. Do you know for sure it doesn't ?
        Luz Erez
        Email: Luz@...
        Web: www.ErezSoft.com
        Phone +972-545661331

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
          luzerez wrote:

          > Thank you for the answer. I am looking for a license free solution.
          > As I read FOP support Heberw. Do you know for sure it doesn't ?

          FOP doesnt support different writing modes, bidi, or reference orientation.
          However you can still get Hebrew glyphs to appear by using an appropriate
          custom font. The most likely reason you see ## in the output is because you
          havent registered a custom font. See [1] for information on how to set up
          custom fonts in FOP.

          Chris

          [1] http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#custom
        • Altsoft Xml2PDF
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
            Altsoft Xml2PDF also supports Hebrew. See fo:bidi-override for
            additional details.

            Best Regards,
            Altsoft Team
            http://alt-soft.com/