FOP and Heberew

  • LuzErez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
      > Can any one explaine how does FOP support hebrew ?
      > When I try to use fo document with heberew I get ##. Any idea on what
      > should be changed ? ( What font 2 use ? )
      >
      > Best Regards
      >
      > Luz Erez
      > Email: Luz@...
      > Web: www.ErezSoft.com
      > Phone +972-545661331

    • tokukobayashi2002
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
        If you really wish to render Hebrew to PDF by XSL-FO.

        As far as I know, the only solution is XSL Formatter.

        Please try it.

        Best regards,

        Tokushige Kobayashi

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, LuzErez <Erezluz@N...> wrote:

        > > Can any one explaine how does FOP support hebrew ?
        > > When I try to use fo document with heberew I get ##. Any idea on
        what
        > > should be changed ? ( What font 2 use ? )
        > >
        > > Best Regards
        > >
        > > Luz Erez
        > > Email: Luz@E...
        > > Web: www.ErezSoft.com
        > > Phone +972-545661331

        -- Antenna House, Inc.
        E-mail koba@...
        WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/XML/ (Japanese)
        WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
        TEL +81-3-3234-1361 (direct call)
        FAX +81-3-3221-9975
      • luzerez
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
          Thank you for the answer. I am looking for a license free solution.
          As I read FOP support Heberw. Do you know for sure it doesn't ?
          Luz Erez
          Email: Luz@...
          Web: www.ErezSoft.com
          Phone +972-545661331

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
            luzerez wrote:

            > Thank you for the answer. I am looking for a license free solution.
            > As I read FOP support Heberw. Do you know for sure it doesn't ?

            FOP doesnt support different writing modes, bidi, or reference orientation.
            However you can still get Hebrew glyphs to appear by using an appropriate
            custom font. The most likely reason you see ## in the output is because you
            havent registered a custom font. See [1] for information on how to set up
            custom fonts in FOP.

            Chris

            [1] http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#custom
          • Altsoft Xml2PDF
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2005
              Altsoft Xml2PDF also supports Hebrew. See fo:bidi-override for
              additional details.

              Best Regards,
              Altsoft Team
              http://alt-soft.com/