Re: [XSL-FO] counting or finding last module

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
      Norma Yeazell wrote:
      > Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a module
      > title in the header, but now I find I need the last module to be a
      > specific title.

      One possibility is to use another marker class and add
      a marker with this class at the end of the page flow
      which obscures the regular header, perhaps by using an
      absolutely positioned block container.

      J.Pietschmann
    • gavaroo_99
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
        I believe your path is incorrect,
        try test="count(/manual/module)=5">

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Norma Yeazell" <nyeazell@o...> wrote:
        > Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a
        module
        > title in the header, but now I find I need the last module to be a
        > specific title.
        > I thought I could count or use last but it doesn't seem to be
        working.
        > Maybe I am not using it correctly...can someone help me out?
        >
        > The xml looks like:
        >
        > <manual>
        > <front>
        > </front>
        > <contents>
        > </contents>
        > <foreword>
        > </foreword>
        > <module>
        > <title>....</title>
        > </module>
        > <module>
        > <title>....</title>
        > </module>
        > <module>
        > <title>....</title>
        > </module>
        > <module>
        > <title>....</title>
        > </module>
        > </manual
        >
        > Here is part of my xsl-fo
        >
        > <fo:static-content flow-name="lastpageHeader">
        > <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="14pt"
        > text-transform="uppercase" text-align-last="justify">
        > <fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
        > <xsl:choose>
        > <xsl:when test="count(module)=5">
        > <xsl:text>TYPE A SPECIFIC PHRASE HERE </xsl:text>
        > </xsl:when>
        > <xsl:otherwise>
        > <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="module-title"/> <!-
        -
        > This is the module title -->
        > </xsl:otherwise>
        > </xsl:choose>
        > </fo:block>
        > <fo:block border-after-style="solid" border-after-
        width="1.5pt"
        > space-before="1mm"/>
        > </fo:static-content>
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Norma Yeazell
        > Information Engineer
        > O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.
        > 495 Byers Rd.
        > Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
        > Phone: (937) 865-0846 ext. [3026]
        > Fax: (937) [865-5858]
        > E-mail: [nyeazell@o...]
        >

        > Confidentiality Notice
        > The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and
        intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the
        address. If you have received this communication in error, please
        contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any
        copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other
        than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.
      • yssr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
          Hi
          you can do in differnt manner, define two page masters in flow. I am sure it will solve your problem

          <fo:layout-master-set>
          <fo:simple-page-master master-name="last-page-master" page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">
          <fo:region-body margin-top="3.5in" margin-bottom="0.79in" />
          <fo:region-before region-name="last-page-header" extent="3.5in" />

          </fo:simple-page-master>
          <fo:simple-page-master master-name="remaining-page-master" page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">
          <fo:region-body margin-top="2.3in" margin-bottom="0.79in" />
          <fo:region-before region-name="remaining-page-header" extent="2.3in" />

          </fo:simple-page-master>

          <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="default-page">
          <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="last-page-master" page-position="last" />
          <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="remaining-page-master" page-position="rest" />
          </fo:page-sequence-master>
          </fo:layout-master-set>

          Norma Yeazell <nyeazell@...> wrote:Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a module