counting or finding last module

  • Norma Yeazell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
      Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a module
      title in the header, but now I find I need the last module to be a
      specific title.
      I thought I could count or use last but it doesn't seem to be working.
      Maybe I am not using it correctly...can someone help me out?

      The xml looks like:

      <manual>
      <front>
      </front>
      <contents>
      </contents>
      <foreword>
      </foreword>
      <module>
      <title>....</title>
      </module>
      <module>
      <title>....</title>
      </module>
      <module>
      <title>....</title>
      </module>
      <module>
      <title>....</title>
      </module>
      </manual

      Here is part of my xsl-fo

      <fo:static-content flow-name="lastpageHeader">
      <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="14pt"
      text-transform="uppercase" text-align-last="justify">
      <fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
      <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="count(module)=5">
      <xsl:text>TYPE A SPECIFIC PHRASE HERE </xsl:text>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
      <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="module-title"/> <!--
      This is the module title -->
      </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
      </fo:block>
      <fo:block border-after-style="solid" border-after-width="1.5pt"
      space-before="1mm"/>
      </fo:static-content>

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

      Sincerely,
      Norma Yeazell
      Information Engineer
      O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.
      495 Byers Rd.
      Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
      Phone: (937) 865-0846 ext. [3026]
      Fax: (937) [865-5858]
      E-mail: [nyeazell@...]

      Confidentiality Notice
      The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
        Norma Yeazell wrote:
        > Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a module
        > title in the header, but now I find I need the last module to be a
        > specific title.

        One possibility is to use another marker class and add
        a marker with this class at the end of the page flow
        which obscures the regular header, perhaps by using an
        absolutely positioned block container.

        J.Pietschmann
      • gavaroo_99
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          I believe your path is incorrect,
          try test="count(/manual/module)=5">

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Norma Yeazell" <nyeazell@o...> wrote:
          > Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a
          module
          > title in the header, but now I find I need the last module to be a
          > specific title.
          > I thought I could count or use last but it doesn't seem to be
          working.
          > Maybe I am not using it correctly...can someone help me out?
          >
          > The xml looks like:
          >
          > <manual>
          > <front>
          > </front>
          > <contents>
          > </contents>
          > <foreword>
          > </foreword>
          > <module>
          > <title>....</title>
          > </module>
          > <module>
          > <title>....</title>
          > </module>
          > <module>
          > <title>....</title>
          > </module>
          > <module>
          > <title>....</title>
          > </module>
          > </manual
          >
          > Here is part of my xsl-fo
          >
          > <fo:static-content flow-name="lastpageHeader">
          > <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="14pt"
          > text-transform="uppercase" text-align-last="justify">
          > <fo:leader leader-pattern="space"/>
          > <xsl:choose>
          > <xsl:when test="count(module)=5">
          > <xsl:text>TYPE A SPECIFIC PHRASE HERE </xsl:text>
          > </xsl:when>
          > <xsl:otherwise>
          > <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="module-title"/> <!-
          -
          > This is the module title -->
          > </xsl:otherwise>
          > </xsl:choose>
          > </fo:block>
          > <fo:block border-after-style="solid" border-after-
          width="1.5pt"
          > space-before="1mm"/>
          > </fo:static-content>
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Norma Yeazell
          > Information Engineer
          > O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.
          > 495 Byers Rd.
          > Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
          > Phone: (937) 865-0846 ext. [3026]
          > Fax: (937) [865-5858]
          > E-mail: [nyeazell@o...]
          >

          > Confidentiality Notice
          > The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and
          intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the
          address. If you have received this communication in error, please
          contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any
          copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other
          than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.
        • yssr
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
            Hi
            you can do in differnt manner, define two page masters in flow. I am sure it will solve your problem

            <fo:layout-master-set>
            <fo:simple-page-master master-name="last-page-master" page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">
            <fo:region-body margin-top="3.5in" margin-bottom="0.79in" />
            <fo:region-before region-name="last-page-header" extent="3.5in" />

            </fo:simple-page-master>
            <fo:simple-page-master master-name="remaining-page-master" page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in" margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">
            <fo:region-body margin-top="2.3in" margin-bottom="0.79in" />
            <fo:region-before region-name="remaining-page-header" extent="2.3in" />

            </fo:simple-page-master>

            <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="default-page">
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="last-page-master" page-position="last" />
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="remaining-page-master" page-position="rest" />
            </fo:page-sequence-master>
            </fo:layout-master-set>

            Norma Yeazell <nyeazell@...> wrote:Currently I am using a marker in my static content to return a module