Re: [XSL-FO] FOP Rendering issue

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
      Christian Loock wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > once again I'm having a little Problem using FOP. I'm
      > using the fo:character entity to render the special
      > chars „ and “ like in the following example:
      >
      > <fo:character character="„"/>Ort<fo:character
      > character="“"/>

      There's no need (or should be no need) to use fo:character in this
      case--it's equivalent to just having the character there as literal
      data. You would only need fo:character if you wanted to apply specific
      properties to just that character. Eliminating the fo:character markup
      would eliminate any chance of unwanted whitespace being introduced.

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber