FOP Rendering issue

  • Christian Loock
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi everybody,

      once again I'm having a little Problem using FOP. I'm
      using the fo:character entity to render the special
      chars „ and “ like in the following example:

      <fo:character character="„"/>Ort<fo:character
      character="“"/>

      FOP renders this like following:

      sometext„ Ort“

      The „ sticks together with the following text and
      after it there is some whitespace which is not in thge
      xml sourcecode.

      I tried disabling kerning in the userconfig and the
      font metrics file but it didnt work out. Do you have
      any ideas how to handle this "bug"?

      Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
        Christian Loock wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > once again I'm having a little Problem using FOP. I'm
        > using the fo:character entity to render the special
        > chars „ and “ like in the following example:
        >
        > <fo:character character="„"/>Ort<fo:character
        > character="“"/>

        There's no need (or should be no need) to use fo:character in this
        case--it's equivalent to just having the character there as literal
        data. You would only need fo:character if you wanted to apply specific
        properties to just that character. Eliminating the fo:character markup
        would eliminate any chance of unwanted whitespace being introduced.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber