Re: [XSL-FO] balance columns before page break

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2004
      Norma Yeazell wrote:

      > I have a two column book. I place a page break to start a new section
      > and the page before the break does not balance the columns.
      >
      > Is this possible and how? I'm using Antenna House.

      To balance columns issue an empty block with span="all":

      <fo:block>Content in multiple columns</fo:block>
      <fo:block span="all"><fo:leader leader-length="0pt"
      leader-pattern="space"/></fo:block>

      The empty leader is to ensure that the block is honored as some
      processors will discard empty blocks.

      This should work in all FO implementations that support multiple columns.

      Cheers,

      E.

      --
      W. Eliot Kimber