Re: [XSL-FO] How to obtain the table column width dynamically

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
      Chris Bowditch wrote:

      > C. Myers wrote:
      >

      >> > I need to use the column-width as a base variable to
      >> > derive another value dynamically, I tried to use the
      >> > function of "from-table-column()", it didn't work.
      >> > Could someone give me a hint? Please refer to the
      >> > following codes, thanks.
      >

      > The XSLT and XSLFO processes are separate, and the XSLFO process happens
      > afterwards, so there is no way to get information from the XSLFO process into
      > XSLT.

      In a one-pass process.

      Using two passes you can, of course, do whatever you need, although it
      may not always be straightforward. Both XEP and XSL Formatter provide
      the option of writing out the paginated area tree as an XML document,
      which opens the possibility of doing a two-pass process. You can also do
      tricks with embedding information into the generated PDF on the first
      pass and then using that information as input to a second pass.

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber