Re: [XSL-FO] How to obtain the table column width dynamically

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
      C. Myers wrote:

      > > I need to use the column-width as a base variable to
      > > derive another value dynamically, I tried to use the
      > > function of "from-table-column()", it didn't work.
      > > Could someone give me a hint? Please refer to the
      > > following codes, thanks.

      The XSLT and XSLFO processes are separate, and the XSLFO process happens
      afterwards, so there is no way to get information from the XSLFO process into
      XSLT. You can write some XSLT to have a guess at the width of the column. In
      order to help you write this XSLT I would need to see some of the input XML.

      <snip/>

      Chris
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
        Chris Bowditch wrote:

        > C. Myers wrote:
        >

        >> > I need to use the column-width as a base variable to
        >> > derive another value dynamically, I tried to use the
        >> > function of "from-table-column()", it didn't work.
        >> > Could someone give me a hint? Please refer to the
        >> > following codes, thanks.
        >

        > The XSLT and XSLFO processes are separate, and the XSLFO process happens
        > afterwards, so there is no way to get information from the XSLFO process into
        > XSLT.

        In a one-pass process.

        Using two passes you can, of course, do whatever you need, although it
        may not always be straightforward. Both XEP and XSL Formatter provide
        the option of writing out the paginated area tree as an XML document,
        which opens the possibility of doing a two-pass process. You can also do
        tricks with embedding information into the generated PDF on the first
        pass and then using that information as input to a second pass.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber