Re: [XSL-FO] Background-image challenge

  • C. Myers
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
      Thanks for your hint of using nested block-container. I got it solved.
      -- Ching

      "W. Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@...> wrote:
      C. Myers wrote:
      > Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I don't know which text
      > belongs to the left or right. I created a word file attached,
      > hopefully I stated this issue more clear than before. Thanks again
      > for your time.

      The attachment didn't survive.

      But I'm not sure I understand your issue.

      Either you know which text belongs two which language, in which case you
      can control where on the page it goes (e.g., using a table or
      list-block) or you simply want different background colors for each half
      of the page, in which case you can use any number of techniques.

      But if you don't know which text belongs to which language then I'm
      having a hard time seeing you'll ensure that the right language's text
      is given the appropriate background color.

      Cheers,

      E.
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber
      Professional Services

      eliot@...
      www.innodata-isogen.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • C. Myers
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004

        I need to use the column-width as a base variable to derive another value dynamically, I tried to use the function of "from-table-column()", it didn't work. Could someone give me a hint? Please refer to the following codes, thanks.

        <fo:table space-before.optimum="3pt">

        <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(2.5)"/>

        <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(3.5)"/>

        <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(20)"/>

        <fo:table-body>

        <fo:table-row>

        <fo:table-cell>

        <fo:block><xsl:call-template name="code-left-icons" /></fo:block>

        </fo:table-cell>

        <fo:table-cell>

        <xsl:call-template name="codetemplate" />

        </fo:table-cell>

        <fo:table-cell>

        <xsl:variable name="column-width"><xsl:value-of select="from-table-column(column-width)" /></xsl:variable>

        <fo:block><xsl:value-of select="$column-width" /></fo:block>

        <xsl:call-template name="descriptiontemplate" />

        </fo:table-cell>

        </fo:table-row>

        </fo:table-body>

        </fo:table>