RE: [XSL-FO] How to display page number n of m using xsl-fo

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
      Add

      page <fo:page-number/> of <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="theEnd"/>

      to your fo:static-content and add

      <fo:block id="theEnd"/>

      to the end of your document. See "6.6.10. fo:page-number" and "6.6.11.
      fo:page-number-citation" for the details.

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov

    • Ranjan K. Baisak
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
        Victor,
        I added <fo:page-sequence master-reference="A4"
        initial-page-number="1" language="en" country="us">

        and
        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
        <fo:block>Page <fo:page-number/> of
        <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="theEnd"/></fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>
        and in the end of fo document I added <fo:block
        id="theEnd"/>

        But the output is "Page 1 of ". Soem it seems theEnd
        does not work as expected. Can you suggest where I am
        doing wrong?

        regards,
        Ranjan
        --- Victor Vishnyakov <tch_@...> wrote:

        > Add
        >
        > page <fo:page-number/> of
        > <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="theEnd"/>
        >
        > to your fo:static-content and add
        >
        > <fo:block id="theEnd"/>
        >
        > to the end of your document. See "6.6.10.
        > fo:page-number" and "6.6.11.
        > fo:page-number-citation" for the details.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Victor Vishnyakov

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • CHRISTIE HOLLIS
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2004
          I have this: Page <fo:page-number/> of <fo:page-number-citation
          ref-id="theEnd"/> to show the page #'s in the after section. I also place
          <fo:block id="theBeg" /> before the first block in the body section and
          <fo:block id="theEnd" /> after the last block in the body section. I also
          have a forced page break (<fo:block break-before="page"/ >), but I am unsure
          if having a forced page break matters or not, as I am fairly new to XSL:FO.

          Hope that helps some, Christie