How to align text and image in same line?

  • fanyinfo
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
      Hi all,

      Sorry to repost it. The image was not align together in previous
      post. so I add "--" as space to align the image.

      In <fo:block>, I'm trying to align the text and image in the same
      line, but couldn't get it right. The PDF output I want is like
      following:

      Text before image [IMAGE HERE] Text after image.

      -------------------- xxxxxxx
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x IMG x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      -------------------- xxxxxxx

      Image is larger than the text line--text is aligned in the middle
      but not across the image.

      Currently, it display as
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      ------------------- x IMG x
      ------------------- xxxxxxx

      I have tried to put image into <fo:inline>, or <fo:table>, but it
      didn't work. and My FOP do not support <fo:inline-container>.

      Thank you in advance!
      Fanyin
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
        fanyinfo wrote:
        > In <fo:block>, I'm trying to align the text and image in the same
        > line, but couldn't get it right

        The spec provides a variety of vertical alignment, baseline
        and baseline shift properties fro this purpose.

        > My FOP do not support <fo:inline-container>.

        Unfortunately, FOP 0.20.5 doesn't implement any of the properties
        necessary for general vertical center alignment (FOP 1.0dev does).
        There may still be special cases where the effect may be achieved
        with a table (try display-align="center" on the cells) or by other
        means.

        J.Pietschmann
      • fanyinfo
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
          I have tried those properties but it still not work correctly.
          Following is a code snapshot, the border and color only for visual
          purpose. To see if you can make it works. Again the output will look
          like
          -------------------- xxxxxxx
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x IMG x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          -------------------- xxxxxxx

          <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
          <fo:table-column/>
          <fo:table-body>
          <fo:table-row>
          <fo:table-cell display-align="before">
          <fo:block space-before="30pt" font-weight="normal" font-size="11pt"
          line-height="10pt" font-family="Verdana" border-before-style="solid"
          border-after-style="solid" border-start-style="solid" border-end-
          style="solid" border-top-color="red" border-bottom-color="red">
          • Each page is <fo:inline display-align="center" height="30pt"
          width="20pt" border-before-style="solid" border-after-style="solid"
          border-start-style="solid" border-end-style="solid" border-top-
          color="yellow" border-bottom-color="yellow" color="red" text-
          align="center">IMG START HERE
          <fo:external-graphic baseline-shift="super"
          src="img1.jpg" width="19.92pt" height="29.04pt" border="0"/>
          End HERE
          </fo:inline> inches wide.

          <fo:block font-size=".5pt" space-after="1.25pt"
          space-before="1.25pt"></fo:block>
          • Each picture is <fo:inline display-align="center"
          height="30pt" width="20pt" border-before-style="solid" border-after-
          style="solid" border-start-style="solid" border-end-style="solid"
          border-top-color="yellow" border-bottom-color="yellow" color="red"
          text-align="center"> IMG START HERE
          <fo:external-graphic baseline-shift="super"
          src="img2.jpg" width="18.96pt" height="29.04pt" border="0"/>
          End HERE
          </fo:inline> inches wide.
          </fo:block>
          </fo:table-cell>