Problem with dynamic headers.

  • mum_guy23
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi all,

      I would like to know how to dynamically create page headings. I am
      receiving
      an XML message of the form:

      <row>
      <column/>
      <column/>
      <column/>
      </row>
      <row>
      <column/>
      <column/>
      <column/>
      </row>

      If the table runs to multiple pages I have to put "continued" word in
      the header.

      e.g.

      FIRST PAGE

      MEASURES

      SOME PART OF THE TABLE

      NEW PAGE

      MEASURES --CONTINUED

      REMAINING PART OF THE TABLE

      Pls. help me in creating these dynamic headers.

      Thanks,
      Anshul
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        mum_guy23 wrote:
        > If the table runs to multiple pages I have to put "continued" word in
        > the header.

        A common, almost portable trick is to use markers. Attached is
        a slightly edited example posted to the FOP user list some time
        ago.

        J.Pietschmann