DOCTYPE + XSLT + Xalan + FO

  • Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2004
      Dear All,

      I am giving XML, XSL and FO output. Actually all the rules of FO has to be
      applied to the FO output. But it is not happening. Can any body let me know
      what is the reason behind this. If the <!DOCTYPE> line is commented/ instead
      of <xsl:template match="content"> if we use <xsl:template match="/"> then
      only the rules are applied. But I want along with DOCTYPE as my entities are
      in separate set of files. If we use "/" also the rules are not applying for
      other templates.

      Please help me. Here are my code samples.

      XML

      ====

      <!DOCTYPE content SYSTEM "content.dtd">

      <content xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" id="pie-c01-000-001">

      <piece role="chapter">

      <heading>Banking on panic <span role="subtitle">The historical record and a
      theoretical frame</span></heading>

      </piece>

      </content>

      XSL

      ===

      <?xml version="1.0"?>

      xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"

      version="1.0">

      <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

      <xsl:template match="content">

      <fo:root>

      <fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="simple" page-height="29cm"
      page-width="21cm" margin-top="1.5cm" margin-bottom="1.5cm" margin-left="2cm"
      margin-right="2cm">

      <fo:region-body margin-top="1.5cm"/>

      <fo:region-before extent="1.5cm"/>

      <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>

      </fo:simple-page-master>

      </fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="simple">

      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">

      <fo:block text-align="end">

      p. <fo:page-number/>

      </fo:block>

      </fo:static-content>

      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">

      <fo:block>

      <xsl:apply-templates/>

      </fo:block>

      </fo:flow>

      </fo:page-sequence>

      </fo:root>

      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="piece/heading">

      <fo:block font-size="18pt" text-align="center" font-weight="bold"
      space-after="0.5cm">

      <xsl:apply-templates/>

      </fo:block>

      </xsl:template>

      </xsl:stylesheet>

      FO

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

      Banking on panic The historical record and a theoretical frame

    • W. Hugh Chatfield
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        It would appear that you do not have any template stating what you
        want to do with the text inside the element <span>.. hence the
        apply-templates inside the heading template will cause the default
        template to trigger when <span> is encountered - moving the text only,
        to your result tree.

        Try adding a template matching on <span>

        Cheers.. Hugh

        CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
        XML Training and Consulting
        http://www.urbanmarket.com/csi2000

        Visit Historic Perth Ontario @ http://www.all-about-perth.com

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India"

        --------------------------

        --------------------------

        > FO
        >
        > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        >
        > Banking on panic The historical record and a theoretical frame

      • Christian Loock
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
          [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
          than maximum specified IPD 255000

          what does this error mean?

          Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de
        • J.Pietschmann
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
            Christian Loock wrote:
            > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
            > than maximum specified IPD 255000
            >
            > what does this error mean?

            It means the sum of the column widths is greater than
            the possible or specified table width. Usually, your
            table will overflow horizontally.
            Check the column widths.

            J.Pietschmann
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
              Christian Loock wrote:

              > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
              > than maximum specified IPD 255000
              >
              > what does this error mean?

              This means you have a table whose width value is less than the total of the
              widths specified on the columns, e.g.

              <fo:table width="10cm">
              <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>
              <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>
              <fo:table-body>
              ..
              </fo:table-body>
              </fo:table>

              Chris
            • Christian Loock
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
                Thx mates, that worked out

                --- Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...>
                schrieb:

                ---------------------------------
                Christian Loock wrote:

                > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
                > than maximum specified IPD 255000
                >
                > what does this error mean?

                This means you have a table whose width value is less
                than the total of the
                widths specified on the columns, e.g.

                <fo:table width="10cm">
                <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>