Re: [XSL-FO] Margins for fo:blocks

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2004
      martinezn70 wrote:

      > I have a table that is about 8"(H) by 5.5"(W) in the middle of my
      > page in the <fo:flow flow-name="body">. Now there is only one cell
      > in this table and inside of it I have content that fills the whole
      > cell and so on for several pages. I was able to create margins by
      > using the indent-start, indent-end and space-before attributes of
      > the fo:block which is inside the cell. So here are my question:
      >
      > 1. how do I go about creating a margin for the bottom?

      Using space-after? Or, even more convenint, use padding on
      the block or the table cell.

      > 2. how do I go about getting the same margins on every page, the top
      > margin only works on the first page.

      Note that there is no "margin" on the second and further pages,
      because no new block starts there.
      You can fake a space by using a repeated table header contaning
      only that space (and a table footer for the bottom).

      J.Pietschmann
    • Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2004
        Dear All,

        I am giving XML, XSL and FO output. Actually all the rules of FO has to be
        applied to the FO output. But it is not happening. Can any body let me know
        what is the reason behind this. If the <!DOCTYPE> line is commented/ instead
        of <xsl:template match="content"> if we use <xsl:template match="/"> then
        only the rules are applied. But I want along with DOCTYPE as my entities are
        in separate set of files. If we use "/" also the rules are not applying for
        other templates.

        Please help me. Here are my code samples.

        XML

        ====

        <!DOCTYPE content SYSTEM "content.dtd">

        <content xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
        xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" id="pie-c01-000-001">

        <piece role="chapter">

        <heading>Banking on panic <span role="subtitle">The historical record and a
        theoretical frame</span></heading>

        </piece>

        </content>

        XSL

        ===

        <?xml version="1.0"?>

        xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"

        version="1.0">

        <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

        <xsl:template match="content">

        <fo:root>

        <fo:layout-master-set>

        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="simple" page-height="29cm"
        page-width="21cm" margin-top="1.5cm" margin-bottom="1.5cm" margin-left="2cm"
        margin-right="2cm">

        <fo:region-body margin-top="1.5cm"/>

        <fo:region-before extent="1.5cm"/>

        <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>

        </fo:simple-page-master>

        </fo:layout-master-set>

        <fo:page-sequence master-reference="simple">

        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">

        <fo:block text-align="end">

        p. <fo:page-number/>

        </fo:block>

        </fo:static-content>

        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">

        <fo:block>

        <xsl:apply-templates/>

        </fo:block>

        </fo:flow>

        </fo:page-sequence>

        </fo:root>

        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="piece/heading">

        <fo:block font-size="18pt" text-align="center" font-weight="bold"
        space-after="0.5cm">

        <xsl:apply-templates/>

        </fo:block>

        </xsl:template>

        </xsl:stylesheet>

        FO

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        Banking on panic The historical record and a theoretical frame

      • W. Hugh Chatfield
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          It would appear that you do not have any template stating what you
          want to do with the text inside the element <span>.. hence the
          apply-templates inside the heading template will cause the default
          template to trigger when <span> is encountered - moving the text only,
          to your result tree.

          Try adding a template matching on <span>

          Cheers.. Hugh

          CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
          XML Training and Consulting
          http://www.urbanmarket.com/csi2000

          Visit Historic Perth Ontario @ http://www.all-about-perth.com

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India"

          --------------------------

          --------------------------

          > FO
          >
          > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          >
          > Banking on panic The historical record and a theoretical frame

        • Christian Loock
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
            [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
            than maximum specified IPD 255000

            what does this error mean?

            Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de
          • J.Pietschmann
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
              Christian Loock wrote:
              > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
              > than maximum specified IPD 255000
              >
              > what does this error mean?

              It means the sum of the column widths is greater than
              the possible or specified table width. Usually, your
              table will overflow horizontally.
              Check the column widths.

              J.Pietschmann
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
                Christian Loock wrote:

                > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
                > than maximum specified IPD 255000
                >
                > what does this error mean?

                This means you have a table whose width value is less than the total of the
                widths specified on the columns, e.g.

                <fo:table width="10cm">
                <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>
                <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>
                <fo:table-body>
                ..
                </fo:table-body>
                </fo:table>

                Chris
              • Christian Loock
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
                  Thx mates, that worked out

                  --- Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@...>
                  schrieb:

                  ---------------------------------
                  Christian Loock wrote:

                  > [WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 491000 greater
                  > than maximum specified IPD 255000
                  >
                  > what does this error mean?

                  This means you have a table whose width value is less
                  than the total of the
                  widths specified on the columns, e.g.

                  <fo:table width="10cm">
                  <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>