Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Image scaling

  • W. Eliot Kimber
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2004
      smckenzie23 wrote:

      > So I tried that and it is still not quite working for me. It will keep
      > large images within a certain size, but small images are getting
      > expanded to as large as they can. So just to double check:

      In FO 1.0 image scaling is unconditional, meaning that if you request
      scale to fit, it always scales, up or down.

      In FO 1.1, as currently drafted, scaling is more sophisticated and
      flexible, so you can request to only scale down if necessary.

      Cheers,

      Eliot
      --
      W. Eliot Kimber
      Professional Services

      eliot@...
      www.innodata-isogen.com
    • Tomoko Mayumi
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004

        > Works great for keeping a large image small within the page, but small
        > images expand.
        We released XSL Formatter V3.1 MR5. In this version, XSL Formatter changed the
        behavior of scaling="uniform". When scaling-uniform="uniform" is set and the
        value is set to both content-width and content-height, the small image is not
        expanded. The aspect ratio is kept(smaller length is based). Could you please
        download the latest version? I hope that you see the expected result.

        Thank you.

        Tomoko Mayumi
        XSL Group
        Antenna House, Inc.