Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Image scaling

  • Shawn McKenzie
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2004
      > Hmmmmmmmm ... you don't mention which formatter you are using ... I wonder
      > if that is the problem.

      Using Antenna House 3.1 MR2. I'll keep testing once I fix an unrelated problem.

      Thanks.
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2004
        smckenzie23 wrote:

        > So I tried that and it is still not quite working for me. It will keep
        > large images within a certain size, but small images are getting
        > expanded to as large as they can. So just to double check:

        In FO 1.0 image scaling is unconditional, meaning that if you request
        scale to fit, it always scales, up or down.

        In FO 1.1, as currently drafted, scaling is more sophisticated and
        flexible, so you can request to only scale down if necessary.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber
        Professional Services

        eliot@...
        www.innodata-isogen.com
      • Tomoko Mayumi
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2004
          Hi,

          > Works great for keeping a large image small within the page, but small
          > images expand.
          We released XSL Formatter V3.1 MR5. In this version, XSL Formatter changed the
          behavior of scaling="uniform". When scaling-uniform="uniform" is set and the
          value is set to both content-width and content-height, the small image is not
          expanded. The aspect ratio is kept(smaller length is based). Could you please
          download the latest version? I hope that you see the expected result.

          Thank you.

          Tomoko Mayumi
          XSL Group
          Antenna House, Inc.