Floating or overlaping Tables

  • martinezn70
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004

      does anyone know how to create a table that floats over another
      table or that overlaps another table?

      thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004
        At 2004-10-06 14:02 +0000, martinezn70 wrote:
        >does anyone know how to create a table that floats over another
        >table or that overlaps another table?

        I strategically use overlapping tables in my Universal Business Language
        (UBL) stylesheets by creating a large <region-before> that covers the
        entire page with the visible borders and repeatable content of the page,
        then in my <region-body> I have the flowed content of table column and row
        entries *without* borders but positioned to fall within the borders of the
        background. It is a useful technique.

        Other than overlapping regions as I did, you might consider using
        absolutely-positioned block-containers and then just putting your tables
        into the block-containers.

        I hope this helps.

        --
        Upcoming publicly-subscribed XSL delivery: Helsinki Oct 18-20,2004