content-height and height in external-graphic

  • Carlos Müller de los Reyes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
      I'm attempting to put a image in my document. The property content-height have a value defined in W3C Recommnedation like this:

      scale-to-fit: A size of the content-height equal to the height of the viewport... -> This "height of the viewport" is the height defined for the external-graphic? For example:

      <fo:external-graphic height="3cm" content-height="scale-to-fit" ...>

      Do the content of image reach 3cm?
      Which is them relationship then?

    • johanrambags
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
        What engine are you using? For example FOP does not support the
        content-height property (see
        http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-content-height)

        Also, it depends on the available space within your document. For
        example, if you have a table cell of 2cm height, scale-to-fit will
        take the 2 cm. Keep in mind that you take the width into account as
        well. To preserve the ratio width-height, you could use the property
        scaling and set it to "uniform".

        Best regards,
        Johan

        XML Publishing Forums