RE: [XSL-FO] keep-with-previous, keep-with-next

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
      > I don´t see the differences between kepp-together, which is
      > clear for me; and keep-with-previous? y keep-with-next?.
      > Could somebody help me?

      Keep together affects a single block.
      Keep with next affects two blocks: the current and the next one.

      Compare the following code snipplets:

      <fo:block keep-together="always">
      <fo:block>Type A. Line 1</fo:block>
      <fo:block>Type A. Line 2</fo:block>
      </fo:block>

      <fo:block keep-with-next="always">Type A</fo:block>
      <fo:block>Type B</fo:block>

      The most common XSLT usage is to apply keep-together to avoid line-breaks
      inside template and to apply keep-with-next to avoid line-breaks between
      templates.

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov