When should I uses the Terms "result tree" "element and attribute

  • r_diblasi@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2001
      Hello to All,

      I am trying to figure out have to uses the terms:
      "result tree" and "element and attribute tree"

      here is what the specification says.....
      "Tree transformation constructs the result tree. In XSL, this tree
      is called the element and attribute tree, with objects primarily
      in the "formatting object" namespace."

      am I to take that to mean:
      1) when the xsl-fo elements are added to the tree....
      that is a tree that is composed of xsl-fo elements and other
      namespaces possibly.....
      this tree should be called the "element and attribute tree"

      2) when looking a the tree that is created by tranformation from
      the context of XSL-FO it should be refered to as element and
      attribute tree" instead of "result tree"

      any suggestion would help....
      thanks..
      Robert A. DiBlasi