Use paramter in

  • ahofmeye@csc.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2001
      I have set the parameter A with the match, which I want to use

      <xsl:with-param name = "A" >Bezeichnung/EditElements/*</xsl:with-param>

      But when I start the Parser for the following lines:

      <xsl:for-each select="$A">
      </xsl:for-each>

      I get the following message:

      XSL Transformation failed to the following error:
      Reference to variable or parameter 'A' must evaluate to a node list.

      using the syntax:
      <xsl:for-each select="Bezeichnung/EditElements/*">
      </xsl:for-each>

      why is parameter A not evaluated ? Which command must I used ?

      TIA

      Andreas
    • neuggs@concentric.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2001
        Andreas,

        Consider the following syntax:

        <xsl:with-param name="A" select="Bezeichnung/EditElements"/>

        This will call the template passing "A" as a node list containing the
        selected nodes specified by "Bezeichnung/EditElements."

        Hope this helps.

        Regards,
        Frank.

        <xsl:

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2001
          At 01/08/08 16:44 +0200, ahofmeye@... wrote:
          >I have set the parameter A with the match, which I want to use
          >
          ><xsl:with-param name = "A" >Bezeichnung/EditElements/*</xsl:with-param>

          A node set is specified with select=

          <xsl:with-param name="A" select="Bezeichnung/EditElements/*"/>

          >But when I start the Parser for the following lines:
          >

          > <xsl:for-each select="$A">
          > </xsl:for-each>
          >

          >I get the following message:
          >
          >XSL Transformation failed to the following error:
          >Reference to variable or parameter 'A' must evaluate to a node list.

          Correct, because you have specified a result tree fragment of a text node.

          I hope this helps.

          ....................... Ken

          Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
          Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
          Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
          Next public instructor-led training: 2001-08-12,08-13,09-19,10-01,
          - 10-04,10-22,12-09,12-10,02-02

          Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-10-01/05
        • ahofmeye@csc.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2001
            Thanks Ken, Frank
            it is working