font-family in fo:root

  • Carlos Müller de los Reyes
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2004
      In the W3C recommendation, <fo:root> (6.4.2) only have the property media-usage, however in my code <fo:root font-size="2cm"> works correctly. That's ever and only happens with inheritable properties? With all them, in every formatting object? Or in which form.obj. and with what properties?

    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2004
        Carlos Müller de los Reyes wrote:
        > In the W3C recommendation, <fo:root> (6.4.2) only have the property
        > media-usage, however in my code <fo:root font-size="2cm"> works
        > correctly. That's ever and only happens with inheritable properties?

        Inheritable properties can be put everywhere and should be properly
        inherited. Note that it doesn't make sense to place a font-family
        property on lets say layout-master-set, because none of the children
        of this FO use this property.
        There are also means to get non-inheritable properties from other
        FOs.

        J.Pietschmann