RE: [XSL-FO] Outputting to ASCII text

  • Adams, Kevin
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2004
      Bob,

      Thanks for the response, but it sounds like this is a manual process. Does
      it involve me opening the html in the browser? If not, that be run in some
      sort of script?

      Kevin

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2004
        It is not a manual process of opening a browser. With the -dump option, the
        browser does not open. You can use a command like this in a script or
        Makefile to automate conversion:

        lynx -dump filename.html > filename.txt

        lynx does a pretty good job, but there are also other ascii browsers as
        well. I know that w3m has a dump option too.

        Bob Stayton
        Sagehill Enterprises
        DocBook Consulting
        bobs@...

        > Thanks for the response, but it sounds like this is a manual process. Does
        > it involve me opening the html in the browser? If not, that be run in some
        > sort of script?
        >
        > Kevin
        >
        > _____

      • Adams, Kevin
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2004
          Thanks, Bob. That just might work a little easier.

          Kevin

          _____

          <http://comp>
          > anion.yahoo.com> click here