Re: [XSL-FO] margin Write is it possible and how

  • yahoo
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
      How about using an fo:block-container with absolute-postion='absolute' to
      position the margin content to the left of the the containing area like
      this:

      <fo:block>

      normal content

      <fo:block-container absolute-position='absolute' left='-1.5cm'
      top='0pt'>

      <fo:block>

      margin content

      </fo:block>

      </fo:block-container>

      </fo:block>

      Visual Programming Ltd mail PO Box 22-222, Khandallah, Wellington, New
      Zealand site Level 2, 2 Ganges Road, Khandallah, Wellington, New Zealand
      phone +64 4 479 1738 fax +64 4 479 1294 web http://www.xmlpdf.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2004
        Well I dont use FOP (unfortunatly I dont know witch it's because it's
        an embeded one , in an application I have to use).
        but the FO procesor I use dont accept fo:float, fo:block-container,
        fo:region-start and fo:region-end !!! "sigh .... ;-( "
        So I try to work with table.
        A first one with two columms :

        * in the first columm I put the litle text margin content.
        * in the second a table with my normal content

        The problem now is how to align verticaly this margin text with the word
        it comment .

        I hope a result like this ...

        _________________________________
        | | |
        | | Well I dont use FOP |
        | | Blablabla bla blabla |
        | | bla blablabla bla blabla |
        | margin | bla -margin alignement here- |
        | content | bla blablabla bla blabla |
        | | bla blablabla blabla |
        | | bla blablabla bla |
        | | bla bla blabla |