Re: [XSL-FO] margin Write is it possible and how

  • Bob Stayton
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6 3:49 PM
      It is possible to use fo:float to put something in the margin, but only if
      your XSL-FO processor supports fo:float. FOP does not. Are you using FOP?

      Bob Stayton
      Sagehill Enterprises
      DocBook Consulting
      bobs@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6 4:12 PM
        How about using an fo:block-container with absolute-postion='absolute' to
        position the margin content to the left of the the containing area like
        this:

        <fo:block>

        normal content

        <fo:block-container absolute-position='absolute' left='-1.5cm'
        top='0pt'>

        <fo:block>

        margin content

        </fo:block>

        </fo:block-container>

        </fo:block>

        Visual Programming Ltd mail PO Box 22-222, Khandallah, Wellington, New
        Zealand site Level 2, 2 Ganges Road, Khandallah, Wellington, New Zealand
        phone +64 4 479 1738 fax +64 4 479 1294 web http://www.xmlpdf.com
        > It is possible to use fo:float to put something in the margin, but only if
        > your XSL-FO processor supports fo:float. FOP does not. Are you using FOP?
        >
        > Bob Stayton
        > Sagehill Enterprises
        > DocBook Consulting
        > bobs@...

      • JAMMES ANTOINE
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8 11:10 AM
          Well I dont use FOP (unfortunatly I dont know witch it's because it's
          an embeded one , in an application I have to use).
          but the FO procesor I use dont accept fo:float, fo:block-container,
          fo:region-start and fo:region-end !!! "sigh .... ;-( "
          So I try to work with table.
          A first one with two columms :

          * in the first columm I put the litle text margin content.
          * in the second a table with my normal content

          The problem now is how to align verticaly this margin text with the word
          it comment .

          I hope a result like this ...

          _________________________________
          | | |
          | | Well I dont use FOP |
          | | Blablabla bla blabla |
          | | bla blablabla bla blabla |
          | margin | bla -margin alignement here- |
          | content | bla blablabla bla blabla |
          | | bla blablabla blabla |
          | | bla blablabla bla |
          | | bla bla blabla |