RE: [XSL-FO] margin Write is it possible and how

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
      fo:region-start and fo:region-end in the most cases is exactly what are you
      looking for.

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov

    • Bob Stayton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
        It is possible to use fo:float to put something in the margin, but only if
        your XSL-FO processor supports fo:float. FOP does not. Are you using FOP?

        Bob Stayton
        Sagehill Enterprises
        DocBook Consulting
        bobs@...

        > I m trying to write sommething in the margin I have try fo:float but it
        > dont works does anny body can help me ???
        >
        > Antoine
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • yahoo
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
          How about using an fo:block-container with absolute-postion='absolute' to
          position the margin content to the left of the the containing area like
          this:

          <fo:block>

          normal content

          <fo:block-container absolute-position='absolute' left='-1.5cm'
          top='0pt'>

          <fo:block>

          margin content

          </fo:block>

          </fo:block-container>

          </fo:block>

          Visual Programming Ltd mail PO Box 22-222, Khandallah, Wellington, New
          Zealand site Level 2, 2 Ganges Road, Khandallah, Wellington, New Zealand
          phone +64 4 479 1738 fax +64 4 479 1294 web http://www.xmlpdf.com
          > It is possible to use fo:float to put something in the margin, but only if
          > your XSL-FO processor supports fo:float. FOP does not. Are you using FOP?
          >
          > Bob Stayton
          > Sagehill Enterprises
          > DocBook Consulting
          > bobs@...

        • JAMMES ANTOINE
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2004
            Well I dont use FOP (unfortunatly I dont know witch it's because it's
            an embeded one , in an application I have to use).
            but the FO procesor I use dont accept fo:float, fo:block-container,
            fo:region-start and fo:region-end !!! "sigh .... ;-( "
            So I try to work with table.
            A first one with two columms :

            * in the first columm I put the litle text margin content.
            * in the second a table with my normal content

            The problem now is how to align verticaly this margin text with the word
            it comment .

            I hope a result like this ...

            _________________________________
            | | |
            | | Well I dont use FOP |
            | | Blablabla bla blabla |
            | | bla blablabla bla blabla |
            | margin | bla -margin alignement here- |
            | content | bla blablabla bla blabla |
            | | bla blablabla blabla |
            | | bla blablabla bla |
            | | bla bla blabla |