RE: [XSL-FO] margin Write is it possible and how

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
      fo:region-start and fo:region-end in the most cases is exactly what are you
      looking for.

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov

    • JAMMES ANTOINE
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
        Hello,
        I m trying to write sommething in the margin I have try fo:float but it
        dont works does anny body can help me ???

        Antoine
      • Bob Stayton
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
          It is possible to use fo:float to put something in the margin, but only if
          your XSL-FO processor supports fo:float. FOP does not. Are you using FOP?

          Bob Stayton
          Sagehill Enterprises
          DocBook Consulting
          bobs@...

          > I m trying to write sommething in the margin I have try fo:float but it
          > dont works does anny body can help me ???
          >
          > Antoine
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • yahoo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2004
            How about using an fo:block-container with absolute-postion='absolute' to
            position the margin content to the left of the the containing area like
            this:

            <fo:block>

            normal content

            <fo:block-container absolute-position='absolute' left='-1.5cm'
            top='0pt'>

            <fo:block>

            margin content

            </fo:block>

            </fo:block-container>

            </fo:block>

            Visual Programming Ltd mail PO Box 22-222, Khandallah, Wellington, New
            Zealand site Level 2, 2 Ganges Road, Khandallah, Wellington, New Zealand
            phone +64 4 479 1738 fax +64 4 479 1294 web http://www.xmlpdf.com
            > It is possible to use fo:float to put something in the margin, but only if
            > your XSL-FO processor supports fo:float. FOP does not. Are you using FOP?
            >
            > Bob Stayton
            > Sagehill Enterprises
            > DocBook Consulting
            > bobs@...

          • JAMMES ANTOINE
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2004
              Well I dont use FOP (unfortunatly I dont know witch it's because it's
              an embeded one , in an application I have to use).
              but the FO procesor I use dont accept fo:float, fo:block-container,
              fo:region-start and fo:region-end !!! "sigh .... ;-( "
              So I try to work with table.
              A first one with two columms :

              * in the first columm I put the litle text margin content.
              * in the second a table with my normal content

              The problem now is how to align verticaly this margin text with the word
              it comment .

              I hope a result like this ...

              _________________________________
              | | |
              | | Well I dont use FOP |
              | | Blablabla bla blabla |
              | | bla blablabla bla blabla |
              | margin | bla -margin alignement here- |
              | content | bla blablabla bla blabla |
              | | bla blablabla blabla |
              | | bla blablabla bla |
              | | bla bla blabla |