Library functions

  • Carmelo Montanez
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7 12:36 PM
      Hi All:

      The XSL specs defines a number library functions in section 5.10. I am
      not
      exactly sure how those functions are to be used. Is the following piece
      of psedo code has the correct idea:

      <fo:block
      border-before-width = "floor(4.2 div 2.0)*1.0in"
      </fo:block>

      Also are the units required inside the function arguments (i.e. 4.2in, and
      2.0in)?
      The specs seems to indicate yes but the implementations I am using
      complain about that big time. Any examples of the library functions will be
      greatly appreciated.

      Greetings,
      Carmelo Montanez
    • neuggs@concentric.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7 1:43 PM
        Carmelo,

        Your interpretation is correct. I tried your code in RenderX and the
        result was as expected. I was able to do the same kind of thing using
        font properties (e.g., font-size="abs(24.5)pt") and got what I was
        hoping for.

        Hope this helps.

        Regards,
        Frank.

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Carmelo Montanez" <carmelo@n...> wrote:
        > Hi All:
        >
        > The XSL specs defines a number library functions in section
        5.10. I am
        > not
        > exactly sure how those functions are to be used. Is the following
        piece
        > of psedo code has the correct idea:
        >
        > <fo:block
        > border-before-width = "floor(4.2 div 2.0)*1.0in"
        > </fo:block>
        >
        > Also are the units required inside the function arguments (i.e.
        4.2in, and
        > 2.0in)?
        > The specs seems to indicate yes but the implementations I am using
        > complain about that big time. Any examples of the library
        functions will be
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Greetings,
        > Carmelo Montanez