Re: [XSL-FO] What do I need for XSL FO?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2004
      Andy wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm running PHP5 on a Windows 2000 Server + IIS 5. What do I need to
      > run XSL FO? I need to check with the network guys, but I don't think
      > Apache will be an option (no one here to support).

      To use XSL-FO you need a XSL-FO formatting engine. FOP and XEP are both Java
      based, although XEP provide a .Net version. Antenna House is C based.

      To link with PHP I would recommend embedding one of these engines in a servlet
      that generates PDFs on request from PHP and PHP can then serve the PDF stream
      as required.

      <snip/>

      Chris
    • Altsoft Xml2PDF
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2004
        > What do I need to run XSL FO?

        You need XSL-FO formatting engine which produces PDF from XSL-FO or from XML
        and XSLT. There are various formatting engines available. Some of them are
        free (Apache FOP) and some are paid.

        > I'm running PHP5 on a Windows 2000 Server + IIS 5.

        As if you are running Windows 2000 .NET-based formatting engine might be the
        best solution.
        We recommend Altsoft Xml2PDF (http://alt-soft.com/products_xml2pdf.jsp)

        Regards,
        Altsoft Xml2PDF team
        http://alt-soft.com/
      • Andy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23, 2004
          Are there any free or affordable options for windows/IIS 5+?

          Or any options that offer educational pricing?

          Thanks,

          Andy

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23, 2004
            For a definitive list of tools, check:

            http://www.xmlsoftware.com

            Specifically (as of the time of this writing):

            http://www.xmlsoftware.com/xslfo.html

            Not sure if any free tool will help you if the free Apache tool is not an
            option because it would need support.

            I hope this helps.