Registering Fonts with FOP.

  • Mohamed Rafi S
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
      Hi All,

      I am relatively new to XSL-FO, and I am facing an issue with Fonts. I
      have a XSL file in which I am specifying the Font Family name and the
      Font Size etc..

      I use FO blocks in my XSL as given below:

      <fo:block font-family="Arial" font-size="12pt" text-align="center"
      font-weight="normal" space-after="3mm">1234567890 <xsl:value-of
      select="username"></fo:block>

      However when the transformation occurs, it gives an error as "unknown
      font Arial,normal,normal so defaulted font to any". I tried using other
      fonts like 'Times New Roman' and 'Monaco', but all of them give me the
      same error.

      So, how do I register these fonts with FOP, so that the error does not
      get thrown ?

      Thanks,
      Mohamed Rafi S
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2004
        Mohamed Rafi S wrote:

        <snip/>

        > However when the transformation occurs, it gives an error as "unknown
        > font Arial,normal,normal so defaulted font to any". I tried using other
        > fonts like 'Times New Roman' and 'Monaco', but all of them give me the
        > same error.
        >
        > So, how do I register these fonts with FOP, so that the error does not
        > get thrown ?

        Out of the box, FOP supports Adobe's standard 14 fonts. How to register custom
        fonts with FOP is described on the website:

        http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html