What do I need for XSL FO?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19 2:09 PM

      I'm running PHP5 on a Windows 2000 Server + IIS 5. What do I need to
      run XSL FO? I need to check with the network guys, but I don't think
      Apache will be an option (no one here to support).

      Thanks,

      Andy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20 12:41 AM
        Andy wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm running PHP5 on a Windows 2000 Server + IIS 5. What do I need to
        > run XSL FO? I need to check with the network guys, but I don't think
        > Apache will be an option (no one here to support).

        To use XSL-FO you need a XSL-FO formatting engine. FOP and XEP are both Java
        based, although XEP provide a .Net version. Antenna House is C based.

        To link with PHP I would recommend embedding one of these engines in a servlet
        that generates PDFs on request from PHP and PHP can then serve the PDF stream
        as required.

        <snip/>

        Chris
      • Altsoft Xml2PDF
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20 1:01 AM
          > What do I need to run XSL FO?

          You need XSL-FO formatting engine which produces PDF from XSL-FO or from XML
          and XSLT. There are various formatting engines available. Some of them are
          free (Apache FOP) and some are paid.

          > I'm running PHP5 on a Windows 2000 Server + IIS 5.

          As if you are running Windows 2000 .NET-based formatting engine might be the
          best solution.
          We recommend Altsoft Xml2PDF (http://alt-soft.com/products_xml2pdf.jsp)

          Regards,
          Altsoft Xml2PDF team
          http://alt-soft.com/
        • Andy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23 4:01 PM
            Are there any free or affordable options for windows/IIS 5+?

            Or any options that offer educational pricing?

            Thanks,

            Andy

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 23 5:40 PM
              For a definitive list of tools, check:

              http://www.xmlsoftware.com

              Specifically (as of the time of this writing):

              http://www.xmlsoftware.com/xslfo.html

              Not sure if any free tool will help you if the free Apache tool is not an
              option because it would need support.

              I hope this helps.