Re: Page Breaks

  • MasConejos
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16 8:09 AM
      try the attribute keep-together="always"

      i.e.

      <fo:table-row keep-together="always">...</fo:table-row>

      the 'keep-together' attribute can be applied to block level elements
      (blocks, rows, cells, etc)

      it will keep all the content within the element on th same page,
      unless the element spans mulitple pages.

      There are also attributes 'keep-with-next' and 'keep-with-previous'
      which will make sure the current element and content stays on the same
      page as the next/previous sibling element's content

      hope this helps.

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Hutcherson <jonhutch21@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a very intersting problem here using XSL:FO and I was hoping
      someone here could help me out. Here is the problem:

      > I am working on a report on a list of names, phone numbers, and
      addresses which are displayed in three columns across the page
      respectivly. The problem is, sometimes the addresses (which can run to
      up to 3 lines), will be split across two pages. I want to keep them
      all on the same page. It doesn't matter if it has to push that entire
      row down to the next page, as long as all the information in that row
      resides competely on one page. The code I'm using to generate the
      table that holds the data is as follows.
    • Jonathan Hutcherson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16 9:00 AM
        That did the trick! Thanks. It's funny because I really thought I tried using that! I knew about it before, but in retrospect, I don't think i tried it in the <fo:table-row> tag. Just everywhere else apparently. Well, anyhow. It works now! Thanks so much! My boss thanks you as well.

        MasConejos <masconejos@...> wrote:try the attribute keep-together="always"

        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a very intersting problem here using XSL:FO and I was hoping
        someone here could help me out. Here is the problem:

        > I am working on a report on a list of names, phone numbers, and
        addresses which are displayed in three columns across the page
        respectivly. The problem is, sometimes the addresses (which can run to
        up to 3 lines), will be split across two pages. I want to keep them
        all on the same page. It doesn't matter if it has to push that entire
        row down to the next page, as long as all the information in that row
        resides competely on one page. The code I'm using to generate the
        table that holds the data is as follows.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT