XSL-FO fonts problem ??

  • Eric Chow
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hello,

      I am using Apache-FOP 0.20.5 as the XSL-FO engine.
      It can create fonts from TrueType Font.

      But how can I define a font thate can be displayed in
      vertical form. For example, in Windows system, thowse
      fonts prefix with @ will be displayed in vertical.

      If I choose @Arial, then the font output wiill be:

      How can I do this in XSL-FO or Apache-FOP ???

      Eric

      http://messenger.yahoo.com
    • jonilie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004

        I'm not sure if you can find it in the font FO tag. But you might
        like to check the 'writing-mode' property for <fo:block> and
        <fo:inline>

        You can put value 'tb-rl' for 'writing-mode'. This will present your
        text from top-to-bottom right-to-left, as in the way of writing for
        Japanese. I don't know if this is your purpose, but if not, then this
        won't answer 'cause I don't think there's a 'tb-lr' value
        for 'writing-mode' attribute.

        *joni

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Eric Chow <eric138@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I am using Apache-FOP 0.20.5 as the XSL-FO engine.
        > It can create fonts from TrueType Font.
        >
        > But how can I define a font thate can be displayed in
        > vertical form. For example, in Windows system, thowse
        > fonts prefix with @ will be displayed in vertical.
        >
        > If I choose @Arial, then the font output wiill be:

        > How can I do this in XSL-FO or Apache-FOP ???
        >

        > Eric

        > Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free. Download now.
        > http://messenger.yahoo.com
      • Eric Chow
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
          The writing-mode for fo:block does not work in Apache-FOP !!!

          Eric

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
            At 2004-08-02 09:56 +0000, Eric Chow wrote:
            >The writing-mode for fo:block does not work in Apache-FOP !!!
            >
            >Eric
            >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "jonilie" <jonilie@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I'm not sure if you can find it in the font FO tag. But you might
            > > like to check the 'writing-mode' property for <fo:block> and
            > > <fo:inline>

            writing-mode= does not apply to either <block> or <inline>.

            One can only specify writing-mode= on regions, containers, simple page
            master and table in XSL-FO.

            Once you know what is or is not allowed in XSL-FO, looking at
            http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html will always help to understand
            what is or is not available in FOP.

            I hope this helps.