Ann: Hands-on XSLT/XPath (Oct. 1-3) and XSLFO (Oct. 4-5) training (XSL-FO)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2001
      To Ottawa-area XML'ers (and those interested in travelling to Ottawa!):

      We are again having a 5-day training blitz of two separate hands-on
      courses: 3 days of XSLT/XPath immediately followed by 2 days of XSLFO
      during the week of October 1-5, 2001. These complementary courses provide
      comprehensive coverage over the week.

      The course titles are "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" and
      "Practical Formatting Using XSLFO".

      Please follow the highlighted link from our home page below for details on
      early-bird/loyalty pricing and links to the course syllabi and other
      information. The hands-on exercises use commercial and/or non-commercial
      tools listed in the syllabi.

      September 1, 2001 is the early-bird date for less-expensive course
      fees. The courses can be taken separately, or you can save money by taking
      both courses during the one week.

      After reviewing the rates on our web site, please send in your intent to
      register and we will acknowledge your intent with instructions regarding
      payment for reserving your seats (seats must be paid for to be reserved or
      they will be forfeit to other paying students). We will also acknowledge
      if your company qualifies for the loyalty discount by having previously
      sent other students to one of our courses. We are proud to have served
      many people in the industry with quality, highly-appreciated training.

      We have had students come from the US, Asia, and Europe for these courses
      and we've learned that if you need a hotel room it is wise to book the room
      early with the hotel. You can always cancel the hotel room if you decide
      not to register for the training, but if you leave it too late you may have
      difficulty finding one.

      If you cannot make it to Ottawa, check our list of companies and
      individuals around the world who deliver the training material under
      license. The list is growing and they are in a position to serve your
      needs with their training services!

      See you in October!

      .................... Ken

      cc:
      XSL List
      XML-DEV
      XML-L
      XML-EDI
      XSLFO
      XSLFO-WWW
      xalan-dev
      fop-dev
      comp.text.xml
      microsoft.public.xml
      microsoft.public.xsl

      Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
      Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
      Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
      Next public instructor-led training: 2001-08-12,08-13,09-19,10-01,
      - 10-04,10-22,12-09,12-10,02-02

      Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-10-01/05