RE: [XSL-FO] href emmbedded in xsl

  • Neil Bradley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2001
      try:
      <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
      </a>

      or

      <a>
      <xsl:attribute name="href">
      <xsl:value-of select="location"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
      </a>

      Both should work.

      Neil.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: rtobin@... [mailto:rtobin@...]
      Sent: 06 August 2001 16:39
      To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [XSL-FO] href emmbedded in xsl

      HELP!!
      How can I get an xsl to generate a href with the location being an
      xml element i.e.

      when a xsl interrogates an xml doccument it returns the value and
      places it in a href tag

      The problem is in html it has to look like:

      <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
      </a>

      this should generate a href with location and title
      But xsl does not let you overlap tags!

      another problem is that it has to be compiled inside the xsl not the
      asp page that calls it!
      I've tried Javascript, reverse tagging, hitting the monitor, crying
      and shouting but I cant get it to work.

      If you can help or have any tips then pls e-mail me
      rtobin@...

      Thanx

    • Counsell, Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2001
        something like this of the top of my head... you get the idea....

                <xsl:element name="a">