Re: [XSL-FO] tutalii error??

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
      Raúl Herranz Serrano wrote:
      > What is the problem with this piece of code? I'm getting a
      > java.lang.NullPointerException after the following tutalii message:

      Change the line that constructs the logger to:

      Logger logger = new ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_DEBUG);

      this should result in a stack trace being output with the
      NullPointerException. Please post the trace stack trace back to the list.

      NPE can occur in FOP if there are certain oddities in your XSL-FO. The stack
      trace will help me to identify what is wrong in your FO.

      BTW, FOP specific questions will usually receive a better response on the
      fop-user list: http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html#fop-user

      <snip/>

      Chris
    • Raúl Herranz Serrano
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
        I have no idea what 'tutalii' means!! that's the problem :((

        It only say:

        Tutalii: <path to the fop.jar file>
        [INFO] [1]

        This is amazing, don´t you think?

        Raul (Spain)

        > > I'm sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using FOP
        > > (version 0.20.5) in a oc4j server...
        > >
        > > Thanks a lot again!!
        > >
        > > Raul (Spain)

        C:\desarrollo\java\install\oc4j\j2ee\home\applications\QuemasFOP\QuemasFOP\W
        EB-INF\lib/fop.jar
        > > [INFO] [1]
        > >

        > > The code that is generating this 'error':
        > >
        > > public ByteArrayOutputStream transform(Source
        > > xmlSrc, Source xslSrc) throws
        > > TransformerConfigurationException,
        > > TransformerException {
        > > ByteArrayOutputStream out = new
        > > ByteArrayOutputStream();

        org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration.put("baseDir","C:/desarrollo/java
        /install/oc4j/j2ee/home/applications/QuemasFOP/QuemasFOP/pages/baseDir");
        > > Driver driver = new Driver();
        > > Logger logger = new
        > > ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO);
        > > MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);
        > > driver.setLogger(logger);
        > > driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
        > > driver.setOutputStream(out);
        > > TransformerFactory transformerFactory =
        > > TransformerFactory.newInstance();
        > > Transformer transformer =
        > > transformerFactory.newTransformer(xslSrc);
        > > Result res = new
        > > SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler());
        > > transformer.transform(xmlSrc, res); //this is
        > > the point where I get the tutalii error!!!!
        > > return out;
        > > }
        > >

        > > Thanks a lot!
        > >
        > > Raul Herranz (Spain)

        > > removed]
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > > email to:
        > >
        > > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > > removed]

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Glen Mazza
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
          In the Fop sample [1], a StreamSource object is used
          for the stylesheet, but you are just using a Source
          object for it ("Source xslSrc". I'm unsure if this is
          the problem, however.

          [1]
          http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleXML2PDF.java?rev=1.10

          Glen

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
            I have change the logger level as you have told to me, but it just say the same thing, nothing new... :((

            Raul (Spain)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
              I'm creating the Source with a StreamSource:

              Source xslSrc = new StreamSource(new File("C:/" + xslFileName));

              > In the Fop sample [1], a StreamSource object is used
              > for the stylesheet, but you are just using a Source
              > object for it ("Source xslSrc". I'm unsure if this is
              > the problem, however.
              >
              > [1]

              http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleXML2PDF.java?rev=1.10

              > Glen
              >
              > --- Glen Mazza <grm7793@...> wrote:
              > > BTW, what's a tutalii?
              > >
              > > --- Raúl_Herranz_Serrano <herranzr@...> wrote:
              > > > I'm sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using FOP
              > > > (version 0.20.5) in a oc4j server...
              > > >
              > > > Thanks a lot again!!
              > > >
              > > > Raul (Spain)

            • Glen Mazza
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
                I think it's still a Source object though, i.e.,

                Source xslSrc = new StreamSource(new File("C:/" +
                xslFileName));

                makes xslSrc a Source object, while:

                StreamSource xslSrc = new StreamSource(new File("C:/"
                + xslFileName));

                would make it a StreamSource. But I may be wrong
                here.

                Glen

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 21, 2004
                  I have found that this is an error with the xml libraries that come with the
                  oc4j... I have to start the oc4j server with the following options:

                  -Xbootclasspath/a:/<path to xml-apis.jar>
                  -Xbootclasspath/a:/<path to xalan-2.4.1.jar>
                  -Xbootclasspath/a:/<path to xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar>

                  as I said before: amazing!! :)

                  Thanks everybody!!

                  Raul (Spain)