XSL-FO design patterns?

  • pcarey@lexmark.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2004
      Hello list.

      Is there any literature available on XSLT/FO design patterns? I'm not as
      concerned with formatting as I am the overall architecture of the
      stylesheets, whether to use attribute-sets or XML lookup tables (via
      document()), whether to use <xsl:import/> and fancy precedence rules, etc,
      etc. I have found that, in XSLT/FO, getting things to work is relatively
      easy, but I am more concerned with maintainability over the long haul. Does
      anyone have any best-practices? Any good war stories and lessons learned?
      Advice?

      Thanks for any advice.

      Pete