external-destintation generates Invalid URL

  • sg_goli@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 11:42 AM
      Hi All,

      I am using the following code

      <fo:block margin-left="8pt">
      <xsl:variable name="websiteurl" select="/XmlData/WebInfo/WebSite"/>
      <fo:basic-link external-destination="$websiteurl"
      text-decoration="underline" color="blue">
      <xsl:value-of select="$websiteurl"/>
      </fo:basic-link>
      </fo:block>

      The website URL comes from an XML file, I am able to display the
      webiste info in blue but when i click on it, it says Invalid URL.

      If I hard code the web site as follows i can get to it :

      <fo:basic-link external-destination="http://www.yahoo.com"
      text-decoration="underline" color="blue">
      <xsl:value-of select="/XmlData/WebInfo/WebSite"/>
      </fo:basic-link>

      It displays the text from XML file and then links me to yahoo.

      Any help is appreciated.
      Thanks
      Sangeetha
    • neuggs@concentric.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 2:21 PM
        Sangeetha,

        Instead of "$websiteurl" try "{$websiteurl}"

        The link was pointing to the string literal "$websiteurl" instead of
        the XML data as intended. Using the "{" and "}" fixes this.

        Regards,
        Frank.

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., sg_goli@y... wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am using the following code
        >
        > <fo:block margin-left="8pt">
        > <xsl:variable name="websiteurl"
        select="/XmlData/WebInfo/WebSite"/>
        > <fo:basic-link external-destination="$websiteurl"
        > text-decoration="underline" color="blue">
        > <xsl:value-of select="$websiteurl"/>
        > </fo:basic-link>
        > </fo:block>
        >
        > The website URL comes from an XML file, I am able to display the
        > webiste info in blue but when i click on it, it says Invalid URL.
        >

        > If I hard code the web site as follows i can get to it :
        >
        > <fo:basic-link external-destination="http://www.yahoo.com"
        > text-decoration="underline" color="blue">
        > <xsl:value-of select="/XmlData/WebInfo/WebSite"/>
        > </fo:basic-link>
        >

        > It displays the text from XML file and then links me to yahoo.
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.
        > Thanks
        > Sangeetha
      • Sangeetha Goli