Re: [XSL-FO] Inserting blank pages?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
      At 2004-07-08 20:17 +0000, aziegelmayer.trier@... wrote:
      >In my document, I've 2 different page-sequences, 1 for the toc and 1 for
      >the main-content. Each of the defined page-masters have a region-before
      >with some running header-information (e.g. as page x of y) in it.
      >
      >However, the pages with the toc and main-content should end on an even-page.
      >So I used force-page-count="end-on-even" for the 1st toc-sequence.
      >
      >The pages are inserted correctly, BUT:
      >If the toc or the main-content will end on an odd-page (no more text), the
      >even page is inserted with the running header, which I do not want.

      This is because you have not accommodated "blank pages" as you have flowed
      pages.

      >A blank page would be preferable instead.

      Then have two page geometries, in the following example "frame" and
      "frame-blank" and make sure you have no static content for the blank page:

      <page-sequence-master master-name="frames">
      <repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      <conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-blank"
      blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>
      <conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="frame"/>
      </repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
      </page-sequence-master>

      Note the order of the above two conditionals is important, because the
      formatter will use the first one in document order that matches the page
      conditions, not the one that matches with the most tests.

      Point your page-sequence to the above master and you should get what you want.

      >And of course, the running header will display some odd content as "page
      >20 of 19", because my <fo:block id="endofcontent"/> is rendered on a odd
      >page before the last inserted even one. That's why I need a blank page.

      During your XSLT phase, could you selectively avoid the adding of
      force-page-count="end-on-even" when position()=last() for your
      page-sequence logic? Then you won't get a page of any kind.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23