Inserting blank pages?

  • aziegelmayer.trier@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
      Hi all!

      I've a problem with page-sequences/page-insertion:

      In my document, I've 2 different page-sequences, 1 for the toc and 1 for the main-content. Each of the defined page-masters have a region-before with some running header-information (e.g. as page x of y) in it.

      However, the pages with the toc and main-content should end on an even-page.
      So I used force-page-count="end-on-even" for the 1st toc-sequence.

      The pages are inserted correctly, BUT:
      If the toc or the main-content will end on an odd-page (no more text), the even page is inserted with the running header, which I do not want. A blank page would be preferable instead.
      And of course, the running header will display some odd content as "page 20 of 19", because my <fo:block id="endofcontent"/> is rendered on a odd page before the last inserted even one. That's why I need a blank page.
      I've also tested intial-page-number="auto-odd" which leads to the same results.

      Has anybody an idea, how to input blank pages only if necessary, so that I can end up in a page-seq. with an even number of pages?

      Many thanks for your inputs,

      Andreas

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
        At 2004-07-08 20:17 +0000, aziegelmayer.trier@... wrote:
        >In my document, I've 2 different page-sequences, 1 for the toc and 1 for
        >the main-content. Each of the defined page-masters have a region-before
        >with some running header-information (e.g. as page x of y) in it.
        >
        >However, the pages with the toc and main-content should end on an even-page.
        >So I used force-page-count="end-on-even" for the 1st toc-sequence.
        >
        >The pages are inserted correctly, BUT:
        >If the toc or the main-content will end on an odd-page (no more text), the
        >even page is inserted with the running header, which I do not want.

        This is because you have not accommodated "blank pages" as you have flowed
        pages.

        >A blank page would be preferable instead.

        Then have two page geometries, in the following example "frame" and
        "frame-blank" and make sure you have no static content for the blank page:

        <page-sequence-master master-name="frames">
        <repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
        <conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="frame-blank"
        blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>
        <conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="frame"/>
        </repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
        </page-sequence-master>

        Note the order of the above two conditionals is important, because the
        formatter will use the first one in document order that matches the page
        conditions, not the one that matches with the most tests.

        Point your page-sequence to the above master and you should get what you want.

        >And of course, the running header will display some odd content as "page
        >20 of 19", because my <fo:block id="endofcontent"/> is rendered on a odd
        >page before the last inserted even one. That's why I need a blank page.

        During your XSLT phase, could you selectively avoid the adding of
        force-page-count="end-on-even" when position()=last() for your
        page-sequence logic? Then you won't get a page of any kind.

        I hope this helps.

        --
        Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23