how to avoid the error-"this ID exists in the document." ?

  • ca_xiaoyi2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2004
      While using FOP. it I set the ID attributes for some element whose
      parent or ancestor is header of table. if the table is large(display
      in multi-pages), then the error message presents out -- "id X exists
      in the document". But when I use xep , it is OK. I am not sure it is
      a bug in FOP?

      thanks in advance.
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
        ca_xiaoyi2003 wrote:
        > While using FOP. it I set the ID attributes for some element whose
        > parent or ancestor is header of table. if the table is large(display
        > in multi-pages), then the error message presents out -- "id X exists
        > in the document". But when I use xep , it is OK. I am not sure it is
        > a bug in FOP?

        Yes, that's a known problem. Try to set the id on the table element
        itself instead.

        J.Pietschmann