Re: running headers with Apache FOP

  • neuggs@concentric.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      Hi Lou,

      Wish I could help you there. I do not believe you can ask the
      formatter what it's doing at runtime. Theoretically, this is the task
      of XSL-T, but obviously, you require something different.

      One potential "hack" is to force page breaks at intervals. This is
      difficult to explain in email without a better understanding of your
      XML (you may already be aware of this too). Let me know if you think
      there's potential in this and if so, send a small snippet of XML and
      your intended output and I'll try and help.

      Perhaps someone else has a better solution.

      Regards,
      Frank.

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., ultimatejerko@y... wrote:
      > OK, but how do I get "YOUR HEADER HERE" to reference data in my
      > flow. Say my data flow was user names and I wanted the header of
      > each page to show the first user name listed on that page - any
      > ideas? Am I not using page sequences correctly?
      >
      > -Lou
      >
      > --- In XSL-FO@y..., neuggs@c... wrote:
      > > Lou,
      > >
      > > Have you tried using <fo:static-content>? For example, for a
      given
      > > page-sequence, you'd have something like:
      > >
      > > <fo:page-sequence
      > > master-name="foo">
      > > <fo:static-content
      > > flow-name="xsl-region-before">
      > > <fo:block>
      > > YOUR HEADER HERE
      > > </fo:block>
      > > </fo:static-content>

      > > </fo:page-sequence>
      > >
      > > Note that you'll need to define <fo:region-before> in the simple-
      > page-
      > > master used by the page sequence (e.g., "foo"). Note also, that
      for
      > > page-sequence, the static-content must come before anything else.
      > >
      > > Hope this helps, if you need more detail, just let me know.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Frank.
      > >

      > > --- In XSL-FO@y..., ultimatejerko@y... wrote:
      > > > Does anyone know how to implement running headers using
      Apache's