table height and width

  • King Krsna
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
      setting the height of the table, but thats not showing
      up in the pdf file. The code I am using is

      <fo:table border="0.2pt solid black" height="2in">
      <fo:table-header color="blue"
      font-size="8pt"
      font-style="italic">
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>

      </fo:table-header>
      <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>

      The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
      implements the height and width properties.
      Please help me out.

      Thanks in advance for the help,
      K. Krishna Chaitanya

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004

        At 2004-07-06 07:44 -0700, King Krsna wrote:
        >I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
        >setting the height of the table, but thats not showing
        >up in the pdf file. The code I am using is
        >The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
        >implements the height and width properties.

        I suggest you take these vendor-specific questions to
        mail-to:xep-support@... as it would appear these properties are
        being respected in another tool in the following example:

        <flow xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" flow-name="frame-body"
        font-family="Times" font-size="30pt">
        <block>test</block>
        <block>table</block>
        <block>table</block>
        <block>table</block>
        <block>test</block>
        </flow>

        I hope this helps.

        ..................... Ken

        --
        Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
      • King Krsna
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004
          Thanx Holman for the help.

          K. Krishna Chaitanya
          --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>
          wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          At 2004-07-06 07:48 -0700, King Krsna wrote:
          >I tried setting up the width of a cell using the
          width
          >property of the fo:table-cell. It has no effect on
          >the output pdf file. I am using XEP 3.8 trial
          >version. The user specification says that it fully
          >implements the width propertyl, but still I am unable
          >to use that.

          At 2004-07-06 07:44 -0700, King Krsna wrote:
          >I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
          >setting the height of the table, but thats not
          showing
          >up in the pdf file. The code I am using is
          >The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
          >implements the height and width properties.

          I suggest you take these vendor-specific questions to
          mail-to:xep-support@... as it would appear
          these properties are
          being respected in another tool in the following
          example:

          <flow xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
          flow-name="frame-body"
          font-family="Times" font-size="30pt">
          <block>test</block>
          <block>table</block>
          <block>table</block>
          <block>table</block>
          <block>test</block>
          </flow>

          I hope this helps.

          ..................... Ken

          --
          Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO:
          Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
          World-wide on-site corporate, govt. & user group
          XML/XSL training.
          G. Ken Holman
          mailto:gkholman@...
          Crane Softwrights Ltd.
          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
          Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0
          +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
          Male Breast Cancer Awareness
          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc
          Legal business disclaimers:
          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

          Terms of Service.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2004
            Hi Holman,

            I tried my example with both XEP3.8 and FOP0.20.5, but
            the result is the same. May I know the tool which you
            use (the one you mentioned), so that I too can try it.
            But the problem is that my project demands the use of
            XEP. So it would be helpful if you suggest me a
            wayout within my constraints.

            Thanks in Advance,
            K. Krishna Chaitanya

            --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>

            ---------------------------------

          • star_001_1999
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12, 2004
              --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, King Krsna <krsnachaitanya@y...>
              wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
              > setting the height of the table, but thats not showing
              > up in the pdf file. The code I am using is
              >
              > <fo:table border="0.2pt solid black" height="2in">
              > <fo:table-header color="blue"
              > font-size="8pt"
              > font-style="italic">
              > <fo:table-row>
              > <fo:table-cell>
              > </fo:table-cell>
              > <fo:table-cell>
              > </fo:table-cell>
              > </fo:table-row>
              >
              > </fo:table-header>
              > <fo:table-body>
              > <fo:table-row>
              > <fo:table-cell>
              > </fo:table-cell>
              > <fo:table-cell>
              > </fo:table-cell>
              > </fo:table-row>
              > </fo:table-body>
              > </fo:table>
              >
              > The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
              > implements the height and width properties.
              > Please help me out.
              >
              > Thanks in advance for the help,
              > K. Krishna Chaitanya

              > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

              try to use table with <col/> tags like below
              <col/>
              <col/>
              <tbody>
              <b>column 1</b>