table height and width

  • King Krsna
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
      setting the height of the table, but thats not showing
      up in the pdf file. The code I am using is

      <fo:table border="0.2pt solid black" height="2in">
      <fo:table-header color="blue"
      font-size="8pt"
      font-style="italic">
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>

      </fo:table-header>
      <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>

      The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
      implements the height and width properties.
      Please help me out.

      Thanks in advance for the help,
      K. Krishna Chaitanya

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • King Krsna

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004

          At 2004-07-06 07:44 -0700, King Krsna wrote:
          >I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
          >setting the height of the table, but thats not showing
          >up in the pdf file. The code I am using is
          >The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
          >implements the height and width properties.

          I suggest you take these vendor-specific questions to
          mail-to:xep-support@... as it would appear these properties are
          being respected in another tool in the following example:

          <flow xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" flow-name="frame-body"
          font-family="Times" font-size="30pt">
          <block>test</block>
          <block>table</block>
          <block>table</block>
          <block>table</block>
          <block>test</block>
          </flow>

          I hope this helps.

          ..................... Ken

          --
          Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
        • King Krsna
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004
            Thanx Holman for the help.

            K. Krishna Chaitanya
            --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>
            wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            At 2004-07-06 07:48 -0700, King Krsna wrote:
            >I tried setting up the width of a cell using the
            width
            >property of the fo:table-cell. It has no effect on
            >the output pdf file. I am using XEP 3.8 trial
            >version. The user specification says that it fully
            >implements the width propertyl, but still I am unable
            >to use that.

            At 2004-07-06 07:44 -0700, King Krsna wrote:
            >I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
            >setting the height of the table, but thats not
            showing
            >up in the pdf file. The code I am using is
            >The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
            >implements the height and width properties.

            I suggest you take these vendor-specific questions to
            mail-to:xep-support@... as it would appear
            these properties are
            being respected in another tool in the following
            example:

            <flow xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
            flow-name="frame-body"
            font-family="Times" font-size="30pt">
            <block>test</block>
            <block>table</block>
            <block>table</block>
            <block>table</block>
            <block>test</block>
            </flow>

            I hope this helps.

            ..................... Ken

            --
            Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO:
            Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
            World-wide on-site corporate, govt. & user group
            XML/XSL training.
            G. Ken Holman
            mailto:gkholman@...
            Crane Softwrights Ltd.
            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
            Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0
            +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
            Male Breast Cancer Awareness
            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc
            Legal business disclaimers:
            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Terms of Service.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2004
              Hi Holman,

              I tried my example with both XEP3.8 and FOP0.20.5, but
              the result is the same. May I know the tool which you
              use (the one you mentioned), so that I too can try it.
              But the problem is that my project demands the use of
              XEP. So it would be helpful if you suggest me a
              wayout within my constraints.

              Thanks in Advance,
              K. Krishna Chaitanya

              --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>

              ---------------------------------

            • star_001_1999
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 12, 2004
                --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, King Krsna <krsnachaitanya@y...>
                wrote:
                > Hi all,
                >
                > I am using XEP3.8 trial as my fo formatter. I tried
                > setting the height of the table, but thats not showing
                > up in the pdf file. The code I am using is
                >
                > <fo:table border="0.2pt solid black" height="2in">
                > <fo:table-header color="blue"
                > font-size="8pt"
                > font-style="italic">
                > <fo:table-row>
                > <fo:table-cell>
                > </fo:table-cell>
                > <fo:table-cell>
                > </fo:table-cell>
                > </fo:table-row>
                >
                > </fo:table-header>
                > <fo:table-body>
                > <fo:table-row>
                > <fo:table-cell>
                > </fo:table-cell>
                > <fo:table-cell>
                > </fo:table-cell>
                > </fo:table-row>
                > </fo:table-body>
                > </fo:table>
                >
                > The XEP 3.8 user specification states that it
                > implements the height and width properties.
                > Please help me out.
                >
                > Thanks in advance for the help,
                > K. Krishna Chaitanya

                > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                try to use table with <col/> tags like below
                <col/>
                <col/>
                <tbody>
                <b>column 1</b>