help for setting the width of the table cell

  • King Krsna
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi all,

      I tried setting up the width of a cell using the width
      property of the fo:table-cell. It has no effect on
      the output pdf file. I am using XEP 3.8 trial
      version. The user specification says that it fully
      implements the width propertyl, but still I am unable
      to use that.

      Please suggest me a way out.

      Thanks,
      K. Krishna Chaitanya

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2004
        King Krsna wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I tried setting up the width of a cell using the width
        > property of the fo:table-cell. It has no effect on
        > the output pdf file. I am using XEP 3.8 trial
        > version. The user specification says that it fully
        > implements the width propertyl, but still I am unable
        > to use that.
        >
        > Please suggest me a way out.

        The width property on a table-cell only comes into consideration when using
        table-layout="auto" However, XEP only supports table-layout="fixed". In the
        fixed table layout strategy, the widths of the cells are all determined from
        the width specified by the column elements.